> > After an update to 2.3.8 (which unfortunately needs adaptions in
> > JaninoJavaCompiler the compilation of my classes work again. Is there any
> > interest in this update to JCI codebase?
>
> Of course! ...what a question ;)

There is just the problem of the incompatible change, i.e. JCI does no longer
work with Janino versions below 2.3.4. But this might be a minor issue as long
as JCI has not been released.

> > Next issue is triggered by this update to 2.3.8. We also use Janino
> > for XSP compilation in Cocoon,
>
> ..as well as the eclipse compiler - I know ;)

Yes, but this one works OOTB without JCI ;)

> > The class is actually an implementation of Cocoon's LanguageCompiler
> > interface and a wrapper around JaninoJavaCompiler.
>
> Why not create a JciCompiler implementation of
> the LanguageCompiler interface? It could act as
> a factory. The implementation could be passed in
> through the component configuration.

Ah, of course, that's most consistent.

> Will look into it tonight

I can do some of the work too and send in some patches if you like. I will see
what you have managed tonight.

Joerg