Torsten Curdt <tcurdt <at> apache.org> writes:

> >> Huh? Why not? The memory implementations
> >> don't care much of the file system :-P
> >> That was one of the main goal of JCI.
> >
> > Yes and that's fine. But search for the String.replace(char, char)
> > method and
> > you know what I mean  There are many places where class names
> > are converted
> > to file names and back. It's not only the FileResourceStore.
>
> These are converting between class names
> and resource names! Which is fine!

Ah, ok. I should not talk that loud before looking exactly ;-) I had again a
look into the sources. One naming that might give wrong impression is the
parameter name of the methods in ResourceReader: "final String filename".

Another point is the FileResourceStore. The patch I sent in to get "rest of Java
world"-filenames was a step in the wrong direction. The stores should store the
resources by their resource name, not the class name. This would also solve the
inconsistency for non-to-be-compiled resources I mentioned in the bug
description. This needs some adaptions in certain places
(ResourceStoreClassLoader, compilers), but the handling would be consistent
afterwards.

WDYT?

Joerg