Phil Steitz wrote:

Sorry to be so late checking / trying to help.  I am +1 for the
release assuming Stephen's points (other than the ones listed as
"optional") and the following issues are addressed:

- You should either modify configs, fix issues or eliminate PMD and
checkstyle reports

I fixed the remaining issues with PMD and Checkstyle. There are just some false positives left (an unused variable for PMD that is actually used, and missing method comments for Checkstyle that actually exist in a super class). I could disable line by line the checkstyle warnings left, but this would be a pain to maintain. I'd rather bet on a fix of Checkstyle in a future release.

Emmanuel Bourg