On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 02:29 -0500, Sandy McArthur wrote:
> On 3/26/06, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > -0
> > Could be a problem with setup or test itself, but with the 1.3-rc4
> > jar, I am getting failures in [dbcp] test
> > org.apache.commons.dbcp.TestJOCLed.  These tests pass with 1.2.  The
> > good news is the other [dbcp] test failures that pool 1.3 is supposed
> > to fix succeed for me.  Failures below happen on both Sun Linux JDK
> > 1.5.0_06 and 1.4.2_10.
>
> These failures are really a problem with the unit test in Dbcp and not pool.
> See:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg77500.html
>
> > Another small nit is that the RELEASE-NOTES have an old paste reference to
> > [io].
>
> Oops, committed a fix. Assuming nothing else shows up can I just slip
> the fixes in instead of tagging and building another release
> candidate?

you're the release manager so it's your call :)

personally speaking, since it's a minor time, i'd wait a while to see
whether any other problems turn up. if so, i'd create another release
candidate. even if the dhcp issues is not a pool issue, probably best to
wait to make sure (it's a bad feeling having to rush out a fix release).

- robert