--- "Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bryce L Nordgren wrote:
> > I'm in the process of stealing (possibly forking)
> the dormant project commons-events.
>
> > I'd really rather keep it separate and refer to it
> by a dependency.
> > Would there be any interest in reviving this
> project
>
> Yes.
Yes. This is a basically good idea for a commons
project, although the name could be better.

> > is there any reason not to absorb commons-events
> back
> > into commons-collections?
>
> Arguments for?  Against?

Commons-collections is too big. It was deliberately
broken out to make both parts managable.

This project did have quite an active life at first.
Where it floundered was that there were IIRC three
competing code implementations (not just designs). I
believe that all are currently in SVN. To revive this,
we would have to select one without excessive ego.

I also believe that Michael Heuer may have released
something related on java.net?

Stephen