Martin Cooper wrote:
On 6/7/06, biglaughing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi,all

i got a problem .
our requirements is upload some jpg/gif to the server(images server).
also,we maybe upload a file more than one time.
we found , some times, all(radom) files of the folder (upload use in the
server)
are lost !!

our version is 1.0 .

The first thing you should do is upgrade to FileUpload 1.1. There were
several changes in that release to the way in which uploaded files are
cleaned up.
I used FileUpload 1.0 . I am changing to 1.1 :)

That said, without seeing any code, or reading any explanation of how you
are using FileUpload, it's a little hard to know what you're doing wrong...
My code is :

DiskFileUpload nDiskFileUpload = new DiskFileUpload();

nDiskFileUpload.setSizeMax(50*1024*1024);

nDiskFileUpload.setSizeThreshold(60*1024);

i use the java.io.tmp env ( /tmp ) to safe my temptory upload files .

List nFileItems = nDiskFileUpload.parseRequest(request);

Iterator nIterator1 = nFileItems.iterator();
while(nIterator1.hasNext()){
  FileItem nFileItem1 = (FileItem)nIterator1.next();
  if(!nFileItem1.isFormField()){
    String strFieldName=nFileItem1.getFieldName();
    if(!strFieldName.equals("UploadTemp")){
      String strFileName=nFileItem1.getName();
String strSaveAsName=nUploadImageFile.getSaveAsName(strFieldName,strFileName);
      if(blnGetRepositoryPath){
        nDiskFileUpload.setRepositoryPath(nUploadImageFile.getTempPath());
        blnGetRepositoryPath=false;
      }
      if(!strSaveAsName.equals("")){
        File saveFile=new File(strSaveAsName);
nFileItem1.write(saveFile); //this is where i save my files .
      }
      else{
        System.out.println(">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>");
      }
    }
  }
}

is there any problem with my codes ?

i do not know whether  it is the problem of
fileupload component.
I find this
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FILEUPLOAD-85

That has to do with the exact manner in which files are deleted, not whether
or not they are deleted.

any secure way to delete the tempotery files? so does any one has
solutions ?

I thought your problem was that files are being deleted that you do not want
deleted, right? What does that have to do with secure deletion?
images files uploaded to the server .......lost .........
I guess whether is the reason of  FileUpload1.0 ?

You know ,1.0 use
File f =new File(.....)
f.deleteOnExit() ;

All the upload-temp  files are registered to the JVM . Got any prob ?
Will the pointer mis-point to the files i wanna save and delete them all ,when the server reboot.
I am really confused by the lost images files .....
Will FileUpload 1.1 cause the same prob ?
I am not sure what is the point (delete files),so ......
any suggestion and guess  is welcome !

--
Martin Cooper

Thanks you any way .

yours,biglaughing
[====free as freedom====]

we are confuesed by the radom delete of the jpg/gif files.........

any suggestion is welcome.
thank you all !

yours,biglaughing
[====free as freedom====]