Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Also what is the minimum JDK version for transaction?
>
> I used ant for the previous releases (target package). Minimum jdk is 1.2

Has anybody actually been checking this? Setting those properties has probably
influence on the compiler (e.g. complain about newer language constructs
(asserts, etc.) and the generated bytecode), but not on the available API I
think. Despite bytecode compatibility you might end with ClassNotFoundExceptions
and NoSuchMethodExceptions when using JDK 1.3+ API.

Jörg