Hi Simon

I think this is a Maven 1 vs Maven 2 issue. As long as we deploy our artifacts (jars) to the Maven 1 repo, which we will do until we switch to Maven 2 as a build system, we need to also supply Maven 1 poms for them. The reason I created this pom was that the deployed commons-logging-api.jar does not have an accompanying pom. Adding this pom to the repo means that other products can set up commons-logging-api as a dependency.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Simon Kitching wrote:
Hi,

I'm a little puzzled by this.

I have recently created a completely functional pom.xml file for
logging, which is checked in in trunk.

This pom declares all dependencies as optional (except when compiling a
checked-out svn release), so I think the same file is suitable for use
as a pom for commons-logging-api.jar without modifications.

Regards,

Simon