On 8/25/06, Kris Nuttycombe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, all,

As a newly-minted Jakarta committer, I'm having some unexpected problems
making a commit to svn. I'm in the process of moving sandbox/pipeline
over to Maven 2, but seem to be unable to commit any of my changes. Here
are the results of my attempt to add a new pom.xml file:

[sente2 ~/work/apache/pipeline/trunk]$ svn status
A      pom.xml
[sente2 ~/work/apache/pipeline/trunk]$ svn ci --username nuttycom
Adding         trunk/pom.xml
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Password for 'nuttycom':
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: CHECKOUT of
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/422364/jakarta/commons/sandbox/pipeline/trunk': 403
Forbidden (https://svn.apache.org)
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:    '/home/kjn/work/apache/pipeline/svn-commit.2.tmp'

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

<snip/>

Did you run 'svnpasswd' (on people.a.o) to set up your SVN password?
(unlike CVS, the SVN auth is decoupled from your shell account).

-Rahul

Many thanks,

Kris