On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 12:37 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 11/12/06, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > everyone ok with the current codebase?
> >
> Sorry for the late response.

better late than never

definitely appreciated :-)

> I am not familiar with the code base, so
> comments below are just mechanical.  Both maven and ant builds worked
> fine for me on FC 3, with Sun 1.5_06 jdk.  Some small comments:
>
> 1. The release notes are great.  They would be even greater if you
> replaced the old bugzilla issue numbers with the JIRA references :-).
> There is also a reference at the top to the "change log document"
> which I would expect to be the maven changelog report, but that report
> is excluded from the site.

the change log postdates the manual betwixt system. i'll adjust the
language to make things clearer

> 2. I would delete the last line of project.properties.  If this is
> actually used for anything, we are in trouble ;-)

good spot 8-)

> 3.  What is conf/MANIFEST.MF for?  It is not what gets put into the
> jar (which looks fine)

dunno - looks like it's been hanging around from the days of yore. but
gone now :-)

> 4. Do you really mean X-Compile-Target-JDK: 1.1?

probably not

> 5. For general education purposes, should we *all* now be adding
> copyright statements to NOTICE.txt as you did?   We should probably do
> this across the board in SVN.

yep: see http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

- robert