Henri Yandell wrote:
Ideally I'd want to use Ant to build the dist under 1.3 and then use
Maven to generate the site under 1.5. I'd use 1.2, but I'm not setup
for that at the moment.

In this case, I want to use Maven to do everything under 1.4 and point
to the fact that Ant works under 1.3 to build a jar/test as
justification that it's okay to do it under 1.4. My personal
justifcation for the Ant files is that Maven-1 doesn't work under
1.2/1.3, so I'm a bit low personal itch-wise for implementing lots of
stuff in the Ant files.

+1

--
Dennis Lundberg

If the above is okay, I'll probably rm the javadoc parts of the build
files as unnecessary.

Hen

On 11/14/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 11/14/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Henri Yandell wrote:
>> > While starting to prepare the 1.1 release I noticed that the build.xml
>> > lacks some of the stuff (and the javadoc xml that is there isn't too
>> > hot).
>> >
>> > The previous dbutils 1.0 release was done via Maven in JDK 1.4 (with
>> > JDK 1.2 as a target). The Ant build works fine under 1.3 - is there
>> > any reason to work on the build.xml, or can the JDK 1.4 release be
>> > used (given that the 1.3 builds happily)?
>> >
>> > Hen
>>
>> Did you try to rebuild the build.xml using Maven?
>>
>> The build.xml file in SVN states that it was generated by Maven and then >> hand edited. If the changes are limited we might be able to merge those
>> into a freshly Maven-generated build.xml.
>
> Good point, but doing that doesn't help. No zip/tar.gz style bits get
> created.
>
> Hen

Ah, now I see what you meant. You want to use Maven to build the release
distro, but keep a build.xml around for people who want to build the jar
themselves using Ant.

Need ... sleep ... now ...

--
Dennis Lundberg