On 11/19/06, Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 19:36 -0500, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> What work are you referring to? As a point release, we should focus on
> things fixed + pom update (also fixed). What else?

I'm not aware of anything that's outstanding (exception LOGGING-111,
awaiting feedback from original poster).

<snip/>

OK, thanks Simon (and thanks Dennis).

Oh, and we should move logging to the maven2 nightly build list. I'm
surprised that logging builds with maven1 at all, but it certainly
doesn't run the unit tests. Either ant or maven2 should be used for
building nightlies.

<snap/>

Moving has (at least) the following pre-reqs:

* Make sure the integration-tests get run (not sure if that requires
special casing the nightly script, it'll be nice to be able to do
without it)

* Provide assembly descriptors (bin and src)

> > The problem
> > with JCL releases is that they are hard to do and hard to test, so take
> > quite a bit of time to get done.
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Yup, it will help if someone familiar with logging RMs it.

Robert???? Yoohoo.....

If Robert Donkin is not available I guess I could do it, but I know how
awkward the release is; not sure when I could find time to do this.
Getting java 1.2 running on my machine would be the first goal..

<snip/>

OK, I'll go ahead with the digester vote per plan.

-Rahul

Cheers,

Simon