On 1/4/07, nicolas de loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
According to SVN log, the manifest has been added by "bayard". The maven
generated manifest is not used (why ?)

These are for the Ant build - they're the ones that Maven generated
for me. Seem to recall that attributes didn't like building on the
Mac, so this was done on a Debian Linux box with Sun 1.4.2 and Maven
1.0.2.

Unless manifest.mf is a name convention; they're not used for the Maven build.

I also notice maven.compiler.target has been set to 1.4 during 2.2 (rev
410143 by leosutic) that will break backward compatibility : I'm using
commons-attributes on other projects on JRE 1.3.

I've tested some changes from commons-attributes trunk :

change maven.compiler.source and maven.compiler.target to 1.3 in
project.properties

Does it compile under 1.3 for you (using Ant I presume)? I'm wondering
why the move to 1.4 was done, maybe there's a call to a 1.4 only
method in there somewhere.

remove manifest.mf from "api" sub-project

Should be unnecessary.

remove dependencies in api/project.xml (as they are only required by
compiler)

+1.

With those changes, my webapp launch fine and run as expected.

From what I've read, Extension-List is used to allow downloading of libs at
runtime when not available in classpath. As ant and qdox manifest don't
declare themself as extensions, the extension resolution fails.

I'd suggest a new release as compatibility with 1.3 is blocking for me to
upgrade.

Sounds good - once we grok why it was moved to 1.4.

Hen