Henri Yandell <flamefew <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The spam issue is a tricky decision. Sometimes I turn off the
> notifications to then do a lot of changes, other times I let the spam
> hit the list because moving an issue into a version is a decision. If
> there were a lot of them, I'd be tempted to send an email to the list
> saying "Moving these issues into XXX" and then do a bulk move with the
> send-email option turned off.
>
> That'd be a nice JIRA feature - bulk-email notification rather than
> individual notification for each issue.

Another way to let it be less bugging would be a splitting of this mailing list
into multiple ones. No, not project specific - I know you love the
cross-pollination :) But splitting it into
commons-cvs|svn|[EMAIL PROTECTED] (many projects have their own list for
commit mails), commons-jira|issues|[EMAIL PROTECTED] (don't know a project
having this, but would love to see this, especially because of the topic we are
actually talking about) and the actual dev list for discussions. This would
finally make it possible to read current heavy traffic lists like geronimo-dev
and this one on mailing list archives. At the moment I often get lost in the
huge amount of mails and I refrain from subscribing to both metioned lists.

WDYT? Any chance for implementation?

Regards
Jörg