Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > "Generally speaking, an interface-compatible change will at most change the
> > private interface of a component, or simply add classes, methods and
> > attributes whose use is optional to both internal and external interface
> > clients."
>
> And this is not.

In which way is it different from "simply add [..] methods [..] whose use is
optional to both internal and external interface clients." ??

Even simply replacing the former jar with the next version should work as the
client does not know about the new methods. Only recompilation of
implementations need adaptions before but that's not what I consider a "use" or
a "client".

Jörg