Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann <at> gmail.com> writes:

> As explaining in my previous post, I have created a new TRANSACTION2
> branch to contain initial code, docs, etc. for a future 2.0 version of
> Commons Transaction.
>
> If you have ideas, suggestions, etc. please follow up to this post
> until we find a more suitable place for such a discussion.
>
> Open Questions (my suggestions in brackets):
> 1.) Medium for discussion (Wiki? SVN?)

Why not this list? Do you expect so much discussion?

> 2.) Library requirement (1.5 concurrent package?)

+1

In general there shouldn't be too many dependencies. Maybe a newer JCA spec
later on.

> 3.) Minimum JDK Requirement (always the latest, i.e. 1.6)

Hmm, why require more than necessary? Java 5 brings the concurrent package, but
Java 6? Higher requirements always limit the number of users.

> 4.) Scope (all restricted as possible)

Scope of what? Access scope of interfaces, classes, methods? Normally I tend to
limit it as less as possible to allow easy extending and sub classing. But if
changes to the API are always related with such "circumstances" ...

Joerg