Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This code is to allow calling certain manager methods simply by
> accessing a certain path. It lacks a flexible configuration using a
> mapping from suffix to method to be called, though.

Hi Oliver,

to be honest this way of handling it frightens me a bit. On the one hand it adds
yet another concern and much code to the FileResourceManager, on the other hand
this "choose an unlikely resource path as virtual admin path" sounds a bit
hacky.

Wouldn't it be better to externalize this feature? From what I see on a quick
look it should be easily possible to write a
VirtualAdminCommandsFileResourceManager wrapping the actual FileResourceManager
and delegating all calls to it after having filtered out the admin commands only
relevant for itself. Another option I'd consider would be something like JMX -
though I have never used it and don't know actually if it is appropriate.

Regards
Jörg