Adrian,

By the way, I couldn�t find about JCE anywhere in the httpclient home page.
Analyzing the log I sent before, I found the following:

2003-07-21 18:41:44,472 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - SunJCE 1.42: SunJCE Provider
(implements DES, Triple DES, AES, Blowfish, PBE, Diffie-Hellman, HMAC-MD5,
HMAC-SHA1)

Does it means that httpclient detected JCE correctly??

Andre
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Andre Augusto de Oliveira Aragao 
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 21 de julho de 2003 20:25
Para: 'Commons HttpClient Project'
Assunto: RES: NTLM Error


Strange,

I�m using j2sdk1.4.1_01. As long as I know, this version has built-in JCE
support. 
I think I can�t answer the other questions... I�m using plain httpclient,
the way I downloaded it. No changes.

Thanks!

Andre


-----Mensagem original-----
De: Adrian Sutton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 21 de julho de 2003 19:52
Para: Commons HttpClient Project
Assunto: Re: NTLM Error


2003-07-21 18:41:45,814 [main] WARN  
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase - DES encryption is not 
available.

Thar's ya problem laddie...  :)

You need to install JCE to make NTLM authentication work.  More info at 
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html

My two questions are:

1. Why is this warning coming from HttpMethodBase and
2. why isn't it fatal or at least ERROR?

I believe HttpMethodBase is catching the exception thrown by the NTLM 
auth module and it really should be reporting it as an error instead of 
a warning or better yet throwing an exception out (as I believe it 
would do with the latest exception handling refactoring).

Hope that helps,

Adrian Sutton.

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 07:50  AM, Andre Augusto de Oliveira 
Aragao wrote:

> Ops, I didn�t change the subject... Sorry.
>
> -----Mensagem original-----
> De: Andre Augusto de Oliveira Aragao
> Enviada em: segunda-feira, 21 de julho de 2003 18:49
> Para: 'Commons HttpClient Project'
> Assunto: RES: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 21754] - NullPointerException when rel
> easing connection
>
>
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to use NTLM authentication, but it�s not working. It seems
> httpclient stops in the middle of the negotiation.
>
> I�m attaching the logs, just in case.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> PS: I�m using the latest nightly snapshot (20030721), and I�ve tried to
> authenticate against two servers: IIS 5.0 and Jetty (using jcifs.org 
> ntlm
> filter).
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
----------------------------------------------
Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"
Ph: 38478913 0422236329
Suite 8/29 Oatland Crescent
Holland Park West 4121
Australia QLD
www.intencha.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to