Hello André-John,

if you continue to create a new HTTP Client in each thread,
there is no point in using the multi threaded connection
manager. That makes sense only if several threads share
the same HTTP Client. That's more effort than just
changing a single line of code.

As Odi pointed out, you can save the overhead of establishing
a new connection for each request. How much that is depends
on your infrastructure: network latency, authentication overhead,...

Once you have a single HTTP Client with multi threaded
connection manager, you can also tune the parameters of
the connection manager. Primarily the total number of
connections, and the number of simultaneous connections
to the same host. These values must be chosen with respect
to the number of threads that do the SOAP calls, and to the
frequency of these calls. Please keep that in mind if you
write a test program. If I remember correctly, the default
number of connections to the same host is rather low.

cheers,
  Roland

André-John Mas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03.02.2004 16:51
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"