Hi,

I'm having a few problems connecting to a https server.

I keep getting the following exception being thrown.
"javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake"

It uses its own issued certificate so I'm using the easySSLProtocolSocketFactory to
get around
the fact that the cert is not trusted, but the problem is still there.

I'm using the simple sample code for connecting to a socket as supplied by the
commons/httpclient website (with mods for above).

The address is:  https://mail.webavinet.net/ and I can connect using a web browser
with no problem (appart form the cert issuer).

It wouldn't be anything to do with the cert being 1024bit would it?

Anyone any ideas???

Thanks
Marc Concannon

Failed to download file.
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake
 at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$WrappedOutputStream.write(HttpConnection.java:1368)
 at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream(HttpConnection.java:799)
 at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2277)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2657)
 at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1093)
 at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:674)
 at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:529)
 at
com.universalred.connectix.TcpConnectionManager.getHttpsConnection(TcpConnectionManager.java:184)
 at
com.universalred.connectix.NewRequestManagement.newPositiveFileUpdate(NewRequestManagement.java:34)
 at com.universalred.connectix.FileDirectoryMonitor.run(FileDirectoryMonitor.java:76)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly
 at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)
 ... 16 more