John Keyes wrote:

In both cases, it is possible to get the behavior that you desire.

Not it is not. Again think of XXX,000 of requests.

I am getting a little angry by now. C'mon man, we wrote this baby and we know very well what's possible with it. So please don't tell us it can not do unbuffered requests. It's as simple as:

InputStream dataStream = .... // get this from wherever, use a pipe or something
PostMethod method = new PostMethod("/myservlet");
method.setRequestContentLength(EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED)
method.setRequestBody(dataStream);
client.execute(method);

If you still can not figure out how you can get an InputStream for your in-memory data, then please refer to other Java resources; but this is certainly not an issue with HttpClient.

hope that helps

Ortwin Glück