Michael Becke wrote:

The ASF has recently recommended that we discontinue use of @author tags. When first starting out I always enjoyed seeing my name in "lights", though I do agree with the ASF's opinion on this matter. If we come to a consensus to remove @authors I suggest that we remove them from all existing code, as well as leave them out of new additions. Any comments?

Mike

I always liked the author tag. But following the news about the SCO vs. the rest of the world case makes me a little concerned these days. I welcome ASF's decision to protect their contributors from legal issues. Removal of author tags are okay with me. There still are CVS logs of course and the contributor list on our web site.

Ortwin Glück