Oleg,

Or how about simply listing years in which contributors actually contributed patches? And if you wanted to be more specific, you could put a count for each year. Of course, I'm not much of a contributor these days, except to come up with zany ideas on the mailing list..., so treat the suggestion as you wish.

-Eric.

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

On a related note, Oleg, are you also working on updating the list of contributors? If not, I will take a look at it.

Mike,

I found this to be quite a touchy issue. I have been thinking whether there's an acceptable way to inject a little more structure into the standard Maven generated contributors page. In particular I'd like to be able to mark inactive contributors as, well, inactive ones and retired committers as retired ones to give a little more prominence to the active ones. I was unable so far to come up with any idea how this could be accomplished without taking a risk of upsetting some folks and provoking some tensions on the mailing list. I have been thinking about some sort 'HttpClient history' page which would contain chronological account of important events including credits for notable personal contributions, leaving the project team to reflect _current_ _active_ participation in the project. However, for the Lord's sake no way do I want to provoke no trouble between HttpClient contributors and committers thus causing more harm than good with my innovation. In my thoughts I was gradually gravitating towards not messing around the 'project team' page and simply appending new entries to the existing list when you caught me with your question ;-)

If there are no better ideas how to deal with the issue, I'll add the new entrants to the existing list and get it over with

Oleg

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Becke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 2:41 To: Commons HttpClient Project Subject: Re: Release notes update. Please review

Wow, has it been a year already? It seems hard to believe.

Oleg, nice work on compiling the list of changes. This is no small task.

On a related note, Oleg, are you also working on updating the list of contributors? If not, I will take a look at it.

Thanks,

Mike