Hello Srinivas,

if the session is handled by a session cookie, just make sure
you use the same HttpState object for all requests. That should
happen automagically if you do nothing special and re-use one
HttpClient for all requests.

If the server uses URL rewriting because it believes that the
client can't handle cookies, you have a problem. You will have
to parse server responses in order to extract URLs with the
session information encoded in them. Or convince the server
to send cookies.

hope that helps,
  Roland

Srinivas Velidanda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05.10.2004 13:32
Please respond to
"Commons HttpClient Project"

cc

Subject
HttpClient query...

Hi,

I am using HttpClient (commons-httpclient-3.0-alpha2) api for file upload.

How to handle a session if I am creating a MultipartPost request in a JSP
and posting the request using client.executeMethod(mPost) to a servlet
URL.

Once I send the request the session is getting killed and could not pass
on the request to a specific handler in sequence..

Pl. let me know how to handle the session, if possible send me some sample
code for that.

thanks in advance..

Srinivas.