Forwarding.

Pine

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Léa Lacroix <lea.lacr...@wikimedia.de>
Date: Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 6:10 AM
Subject: [Wikidata] New step towards structured data for Commons is now
available: federation
To: "Discussion list for the Wikidata project." <
wikid...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hello all,

As you may know, WMF, WMDE and volunteers are working together on the
structured
data for Commons
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data> project. We’re
currently working on a lot of technical groundwork for this project. One
big part of that is allowing the use of Wikidata’s items and properties to
describe media files on Commons. We call this feature federation. We have
now developed the necessary code for it and you can try it out on a test
system and give feedback.

We have one test wiki that represents Commons (http://structured-commons.
wmflabs.org) and another one simulating Wikidata (http://federated-wikidata.
wmflabs.org). You can see an example
<http://structured-commons.wmflabs.org/wiki/MediaInfo:M13> where the
statements use items and properties from the faked Wikidata. Feel free to
try it by adding statements to to some of the files on the test system.
(You might need to create some items on http://federated-wikidata.
wmflabs.org if they don’t exist yet. We have created a few for testing.)
If you have any questions or concern, please let us know.
Thanks,

--
Léa Lacroix
Project Manager Community Communication for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für