Hi James

Thank you for your help.

I rebuilt the whole betwixt project but was unfortunately unsuccessful
to achieve a better result.

I studied your code but did not fully understand the additions. You test
to see if the object is null, which it is, an just continues. I get a
null pointer exception at exactly the same spot: XMLIntrospector, line
188 bean.getClass(), but 'bean' has the value null and I suppose the
exception comes from here.

How can I help you with a JUnit test? I have never used JUnit. My
project is not secret and I could easily submit my single class, but the
frameworks takes time to set up: mySql, Torque, Maverick (Sourceforge),
betwixt and Tomcat.

/johan

James Strachan wrote:

> Hi johan
>
> This looks like some kind of bug. I've just applied a little patch
that
> should avoid the null pointer exception. See if this helps. If it
doesn't
> it'd be nice to refactor what you're doing into a JUnit test case we
can add
> to betwixt to help fix it (and keep it fixed)
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector.introspect(XMLIntrospector.java:1
> 88)
>  at

org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter.write(AbstractBeanWriter.ja
> va:183)
>  at

org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter.writeContent(AbstractBeanWr
> iter.java:496)
>  at

org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter.writeRestOfElement(Abstract
> BeanWriter.java:431)
>  at

org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter.write(AbstractBeanWriter.ja
> va:414)
>  at

org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter.write(AbstractBeanWriter.ja
> va:216)
>  at

org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter.writeContent(AbstractBeanWr
> iter.java:506)
>  at

org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter.writeRestOfElement(Abstract
> BeanWriter.java:431)
>

> 37214 [Thread-4] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter
>   - Writing bean graph (qualified name 'value'
>
> 37214 [Thread-4] DEBUG org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector  -
> Introspecting...
>
> 37214 [Thread-4] DEBUG org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector  -
> [Lorg.apache.torque.om.SimpleKey;@538974
>
> 37215 [Thread-4] DEBUG org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector  -
> Attempting to lookup an XML descriptor for class: class
> [Lorg.apache.torque.om.SimpleKey;
>
> 37226 [Thread-4] DEBUG org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector  -
> ElementDescriptor[qname=SimpleKey;,class=class
> [Lorg.apache.torque.om.SimpleKey;,singular=class
> [Lorg.apache.torque.om.SimpleKey;]
>
> 37231 [Thread-4] DEBUG org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector  -
> XMLBeanInfo [class=class [Lorg.apache.torque.om.SimpleKey;,
> descriptor=ElementDescriptor[qname=SimpleKey;,class=class
> [Lorg.apache.torque.om.SimpleKey;,singular=class
> [Lorg.apache.torque.om.SimpleKey;]]
>
> 37243 [Thread-4] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.AbstractBeanWriter
>   - Writing bean graph (qualified name 'null'
>
> 37243 [Thread-4] DEBUG org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector  -
> Introspecting...
>
> 37244 [Thread-4] DEBUG org.apache.commons.betwixt.XMLIntrospector  -
>

> --
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>