This looks OK to me; I'm not sure why it's failing. What happens? Does it create an ArrayList but no objects are added to it? You should probably turn on tracing to figure out what is happening.

Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho wrote:

Hi there! I'd like a little help with diggester. I tried the receipt and it didn't work for me ...
Here's what I have:
my xml:

<user-data>
    <user name="Vinicius Carvalho" age="25"/>
    <user name="Clarissa Daguer" age="23"/>
</user-data>

the method to instantiate the bean:

clazz = org.vinicius.User.class;

File input = new File(path);
Digester digester = new Digester();
digester.setValidating(false);
digester.addObjectCreate("user-data","java.util.ArrayList");
digester.addObjectCreate("user-data/user",clazz.getName());
digester.addSetProperties("user-data/user"); digester.addSetNext("user-data/user","add",clazz.getName());
Object obj = null;
try {
obj = digester.parse(input);
} catch (IOException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (SAXException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
return obj;

The bean is a simple userBean with name and age properties. What I'd like to do is to have an arrayList of users returned to me.

What am I doing wrong