I'm afraid I miss understood your original question and am not sure what the
best approach is.

Sorry

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Goodwin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:12 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [betwixt] Collection property question

public void testReadBean() {
        try {
            File file = new File(FILE1);
            BeanReader beanReader = new BeanReader();
            beanReader.registerBeanClass(AgentStatement.class);
            AgentStatement statement =
(AgentStatement)beanReader.parse(file);
        } catch(Exception e) {
            fail(e.getMessage());
        }
    }

xml file:
<AgentStatementVO>
  <StatementDate>2004/10/08</StatementDate>
  <AgentInfoVO>
    <FirstName/>
    <Name>xxxx</Name>
    <AgentId>xxxx</AgentId>
    <Address1>xxxx</Address1>
    <Address2>xxxx</Address2>
    <City>xxxx</City>
    <State>xx</State>
    <Zip>xxxxx</Zip>
    <AgentType>xxxx</AgentType>
    <DisbursementSource>xxxx</DisbursementSource>
  </AgentInfoVO>
  <AgentStatementLineVO>
    <AgentNumber>xxxx</AgentNumber>
    <ProductType>xxxx</ProductType>
    <FirstName>xxxx</FirstName>
    <Name>xxxx</Name>
    <EffectiveDate>2004/10/04</EffectiveDate>
    <ProcessDate>2004/10/05</ProcessDate>
    <OwnerName>xxxx</OwnerName>
    <PolicyNumber>0</PolicyNumber>
    <InitialPremium>0</InitialPremium>
    <CommissionRate>0.0</CommissionRate>
    <CommissionPremium>0</CommissionPremium>
    <Type>xxxx</Type>
    <AmountDue>0</AmountDue>
  </AgentStatementLineVO>
  <AgentStatementLineVO>
    <AgentNumber>xxxx</AgentNumber>
    <ProductType>xxxx</ProductType>
    <FirstName>xxxx</FirstName>
    <Name>xxxx</Name>
    <EffectiveDate>2004/10/04</EffectiveDate>
    <ProcessDate>2004/10/05</ProcessDate>
    <OwnerName>xxxx</OwnerName>
    <PolicyNumber>0</PolicyNumber>
    <InitialPremium>0</InitialPremium>
    <CommissionRate>0.0</CommissionRate>
    <CommissionPremium>0</CommissionPremium>
    <Type>xxxx</Type>
    <AmountDue>0</AmountDue>
  </AgentStatementLineVO>
  <AgentEarningsVO>
      <TaxableIncome>0.0</TaxableIncome>
      <TaxableIncomeYTD>0.0</TaxableIncomeYTD>
      <PositivePolicyEarnings>0</PositivePolicyEarnings>
      <NegativePolicyEarnings>0</NegativePolicyEarnings>
      <NetPolicyEarnings>0</NetPolicyEarnings>
  </AgentEarningsVO>
</AgentStatementVO>

reads all non-plural elements fine.  when i change AgentStatementLineVO
to non-plural (regular getter/setter for the object) it works fine as well.

Thanks,

Matt

{
>>       this.agentStatementDetails = agentStatementDetails;
>>   }
>>   public void addAgentStatementDetail(AgentStatementDetail
>>agentStatementDetail) {
>>       this.agentStatementDetails.add(agentStatementDetail);
>>   }
>>}
>>
>>Betwixt file:
>><?xml version='1.0' ?>
>><info>
>> <element name='AgentStatementVO'>
>>     <element name='StatementDate' property='statementDate'/>
>>     <element name='AgentInfoVO' property='agentInfo'/>
>>     <element name='AgentStatementLineVO'
>>property='agentStatementDetails'
>>class='com.equitrust.commissionloader.beans.AgentStatementDetail'/>
>>     <element name='AgentEarningsVO' property='agentEarning'/>
>> </element>
>></info>
>>
>>Everything except the agentStatementDetails are populated correctly.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Matt

Matt Goodwin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]