Hi,

it is true that XMLUtils should escape '<' and '>' from bodyValues since those values are likely to break the wellformedness of the generated XML.

However, if a value contains the string "&copy; Apache" it must not double-escape that ampersand here. Easy workaround was to comment out lines 281-285 from XMLUtils.java, maybe this fix could be incorporated into next releases? Best regards,

-  Christian

p.s.: In fact, the escaper should check if the string following the ampersand is an allowed entity. On the other hand, I feel that betwixt shouldn't do any value escaping at all - this should be the applications responsibility. Just my $.02...

--

Christian Aust
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]