On 6/27/05, Aaron Hamid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I will use Thread.currentThread() for the "owner".  I'm not clear as to the
> utility of non-thread owners...what is the semantics of synchronization if
> the owners are not threads?  Or is the intention that owners ultimately must
> be associated with unique threads?

If something is actually blocked, it of course is the thread. But the
thread that does something on behalf of a therad owner may change,
e.g. when a transaction is suspended in one thread and resumed in
another. In something like JTA you will have to tell the TM about
this, in commons transaction you will not have to.

Oliver