Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:30:37 +0200
Subject: [configuration] dbconfiguration
From: Borut Bol?ina
To: Jakarta Commons Users List

Hello,

an experimental question I have. Suppose I use database to store
configuration key and values. The database table has two columns:

key = VARCHAR
value = BLOB

The value is XML serialized from POJO with XStream. I can easily write
to databse with

    dbconfig.setProperty(someKeyAsString, someValueAsString)

How do I get someValueAsString back from database? It seems I can only
use

    Object someValueAsObject = dbconfig.getProperty(someKeyAsString):

But I need String, Reader or InputStream to serialize someValue back to
POJO.

-Borut