Hi all
Thanks for all your suggestions

I got it resolved by changing the following values in certain XML Files
1) In
JBOSS_HOME\server\atg\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\META-INF\jboss-servic
e.xml
  Changed Values of
  a) "Java2ClassLoadingCompliance" to "true"
  b) "UseJBossWebLoader" to "true"

2) In JBOSS_HOME\server\atg\deploy\ear-deployer.xml
   Changed Values of
   a) "Isolated" to "false"
   b) "CallByValue" to "false"

And I have NO IDEA why these changes made my application deploy
properly.

Also JBoss AS 4.0.1 SP1 has no such problems, ATG applications get
deployed without single error message.

If you are planning to use ATG Framework applications with JBoss AS
please look at the version compatibility chart before you proceed
http://www.atg.com/en/products/architecture/requirements/atg_71.jhtml

cheers
Balajee C