There are a lot of hand made poms in the repo so i don't see that as a problem.

AFAIK the difference between api and implementation is the
dependencies section, so it's just a matter of copying it and strip
all unneded deps (all of them?).

On 7/8/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 7/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Henri Yandell wrote:

>> module

>> > ??? That seems a bit odd. There are many projects that create multiple
>> > jars and have a pom for each.
>>
>> Yes, but those projects use a Maven feature for multi-projects.
>> Commons-logging does not build all its different jars using Maven.
>> Instead it uses Ant with a number of intricate includes and excludes.
>>
>> Agreed this is not optimal, but commons-logging is not easy to mavenize
>> full out. The subject has come up before and discussions have agreed
>> upon letting this be until after 1.1 was pushed out. Perhaps something
>> suitable for a 2.0 release where the necessary refactorings can be made.
>
> Any reason why we can't write a commons-logging-api pom by hand to be
> deployed to ibiblio?

Well, if we find a good place for it in svn and keep it minimal I don't
see why we couldn't. It would have to be handled completely manually though.

My guess is that the use case here is that they want to use
commons-logging-api as a dependency in their (Maven 2 built) project, so
they don't get all the transitive dependencies that the pom for
commons-logging currently has in it.

--
Dennis Lundberg

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.