Please prefix the email subject with [SCXML], since this mailing list
is shared across all Commons components. I've added the prefix here.

On 6/27/07, Christopher Giblin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
I am new to Commons SCXML.
Is it possible to determine whether an event would result in a transition,
without that transition occuring? Including evaluation of transition
conditions?
<snip/>

While the idea is interesting, we do not have such an "introspection mode".

It wouldn't take too much effort to implement it, but:

a) Would probably increase the code smell factor a tad (if in
introspection mode, then follow transition else just report back etc.)

b) Would require some API additions that might warrant a major release.

If you don't mind sharing in this public forum, why do you need such
introspection? The SCXML specification doesn't talk about this.
Understanding that interaction pattern may or may not help better
answer the question, we will have to see :-)

-Rahul

Thanks,
chris