On 7/23/07, Moisei, Constantin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Commons-Users!

I have some questions about the fileupload. I'm using with tomcat
(5.5.12) and common-fileupload (1.2) and I have this multi-upload
screen(ajax+java) that works great from my intranet but when testing it
from outside is not. I observed the following:

1. when I initiate an upload, it seems that the whole upload happens as
a result of the form post instead of being progressively. I test from a
place that has a proxy and my tomcat instance is fronted by an apache
that handles the static content (coupled with mod_jk). What's really
happening. Shouldn't the upload happen progressively via the proxy ? Is
the file firstly uploaded to the proxy and from there to my site as one
chunk ? Why this is not happening from my local box. I had other people
complaining about this as well so it's not only my location. From my
intranet works as it should - flawless.

How it behaves through a proxy depends entirely on the proxy. If it's a
scanning proxy, then it almost certainly collects up the entire request, so
that it can be scanned in its entirety, before passing it on to the target
server.

2.If I initiate two concurrent uploads only the last one prevails and I
get always an exception on the first one... This also works just fine
from my local intranet. I assume both are related with each other.

This could be the proxy too, depending on the nature of the proxy, but in
this case it sounds like the proxy might be buggy.

--
Martin Cooper

2007-07-23 11:53:27,358 [TP-Processor11]: ERROR
e.java:253) - Servlet.service() for
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException:
Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended
unexpectedly
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase
.java:359)
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase
.java:302)
        at
org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(Co
mmonsMultipartRequestHandler.java:185)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:405)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcess
or.java:818)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
194)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
        at
com.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.FrameworkActionServlet.doGet(Framew
orkActionServlet.java:119)
        at
com.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.FrameworkActionServlet.doPost(Frame
workActionServlet.java:131)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at
com.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.FrameworkActionServlet.service(Fram
eworkActionServlet.java:91)
        at
com.gsi.core.servlet.GSIActionServlet.service(GSIActionServlet.java:128)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:252)
        at
erChain.java:173)
        at org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)
       at
erChain.java:173)
        at com.goodmedia.trim.TrimFilter.doFilter(TrimFilter.java:72)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:202)
        at
erChain.java:173)
        at
com.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.UserManagerUtilsFilter.doFilter(Use
rManagerUtilsFilter.java:105)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:202)
        at
erChain.java:173)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:292)
        at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterS
ecurityInterceptor.java:108)
        at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforcementFilter.doFilter(Secur
ityEnforcementFilter.java:197)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:303)
        at
org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter
(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:143)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:303)
        at
org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessin
gFilter.java:246)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:303)
        at
org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(H
ttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:220)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:303)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:1
73)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java
:120)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:202)
        at
erChain.java:173)
        at
com.goodmedia.framework.core.servlet.RequestUtilsFilter.doFilter(Request
UtilsFilter.java:96)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:202)
        at
erChain.java:173)
        at
e.java:213)
        at
e.java:178)
        at
:126)
        at
:105)
        at
java:107)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:307)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:385)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:748)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:
678)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:871)
        at
.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by:
org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$MalformedStreamException:
Stream ended unexpectedly
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvaila
ble(MultipartStream.java:964)
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.read(Multi
partStream.java:887)
        at java.io.InputStream.read(InputStream.java:89)
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(Streams.java:94)
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.Streams.copy(Streams.java:64)
        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase
.java:354)
        ... 60 more

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail,
delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.