1. announcement to PDP list as soon as practically possible after the
resolution of the board (max 7 calendar days)
2. discussion in the next PDP meeting with gauging acceptance
(like any policy proposal)
3. few weeks last call (after PDP meeting minutes posted to mailing
4. call of consensus or not by PDP chairs
5. no ratification of board - instead either
a) notification of positive consensus from PDP chairs to all or
b) 11.3 (ii) as proposed
optionally, but I like:
- if "overwhelming approval" on the mailing list between 1. and 2.
the PDP chairs can call consensus
(unsure how to word the optional last item)
what do others think?
On 9/19/2016 1:28 PM, Alan Barrett wrote:
>> On 19 Sep 2016, at 13:59, Frank Habicht <ge...@geier.ne.tz> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I have a question about item 12 (last, "Policies introduced by the
>> Board") among the proposed changes.
>> So far we have "measuring of acceptance" at the PDP meetings, no
>> "approval" or "voting".
>> This suggestion introduces "endorsement" during the PDP meeting, while
>> all other PDP decisions are officially done on the mailing list.
>> Is the endorsement to be required from all(?) or majority(?) of ...
>> ... people in the room? remote participation?
>> Sorry, the intention is definitely good, but I happen to have more
> That’s a very good question. What would you like the answer to be?
> Alan Barrett
> Community-Discuss mailing list
Community-Discuss mailing list