> On 21 Sep 2016, at 11:13, Frank Habicht <ge...@geier.ne.tz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 9/21/2016 10:47 AM, Omo Oaiya wrote:
>> This is what I see -
>>
>> - CEO alone ...
>
> I am sure that a committee would be a way to ensure that nothing gets
> ready for voting in the next meeting.
> If that's an acceptable outcome, a committee would be an option.

Well, Alan does not seem to agree with you

>> - claims of off-list inputs ....
>
> Maybe some community members would like to submit input through means
> other than the mailing list. Should they be allowed to do so?
> I think Yes.
> Would you prefer to not hear about off-list inputs?

I would also like to know what these inputs were and have them collated in an
appropriate manner that limits opposition.  The aim after all is to update and
reflect an appropriate balance of power among community, board of directors and
the secretariat.

> In my opinion the CEO is doing a very great and efficient job here and
> providing a maximum of transparency.

> This seems to be more transparency
> than some can take.

A matter of opinion.  There is a reason why the majority of similar orgs do it
different.

> If you do not trust the CEO to act in the best interest of AfriNIC,
> then, and only then, "claims of off-list inputs" are a bad thing.
> I do trust him, and to me this is a good thing.

More a matter of process and governance than trust.

> Alan, thank you for the good job you're doing!
>
> Regards,
> Frank

—
Omo Oaiya
CTO/Directeur Technique, WACREN
Mobile: +234 806 4522778, +221 784 305 224
Skype: kodion
http://www.wacren.net