Hi Alan,

> On Sep 21, 2016, at 12:10 PM, Alan Barrett <alan.barr...@afrinic.net> wrote:
>
> I see a few people suggesting that a committee should review the bylaws.
>
> I agree, and the new Governance Committee will have that as one of its tasks.
>
> However, I think that the already-identified issues should be handled as soon
> as possible, not waiting for a committee.

The whole discussion was about how we handle the issues. Large consultation and
consensus is key. Adoption of the amendments  by “members” votes shall be
administrative and legal formalities.

>  We have a special general meeting coming up in November, and bylaws changes
> can be passed as special resolutions, needing a 75% majority).

OK. Let now look at the 75% majority also called Super Majority.  75% of what ?
 The Registered members ?  The total membership ?

BTW: In my mail(*)posted on the 29th June, i suggested that we also improved
things here. These points  seem to not have been (or yet) considered.

4-  Amend 12.10 (ii)   to set the quorum at 10% of the total membership either
present physically or remotely

5- Amend 12.11 to set  minimum number of votes. For all vote, a minimum of
votes from 10% of the total eligible voters required.

Hope this helps

—Alain

(*) https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2016-June/000350.html