On 22 Sep 2016 11:55, "Alan Barrett" <alan.barr...@afrinic.net> wrote:

> > On 22 Sep 2016, at 12:07, Benjamin Eshun <bes...@garnet.edu.gh> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Alan,
> >
> > I have a question, will the GC be added to the bye-laws.
>
> There is no need to add the Governance Committee to the bylaws.

There is every need for the GC to be in the bylaws so that its formation is
guided by the bylawsys.

> It is a committee created by the Board in terms of the Board’s general
powers, and the Bylaws section 15.3(x) “… the Directors shall be entitled
to … appoint such committees for such reasons and with such terms of
reference as they shall consider necessary or desirable."

The reason is should actually be in the bylawys.

Noah