Hi Alan,

Since we are in the process of reviewing Bylaws, it makes sense to make  the GC
part of the new Bylaws. Adding the GC to the bylaws would make the GC formation
by a constitution and not by the wish of board.
This would eliminate the risk of board choosing to do away with GC by a board
vote.
A governance and accountability commitment of Afrinic in its charter is in
public interest.

With Regards.
Serge IlungaCell: +243814443160Skype: sergekbkR.D.Congo-------- Original
message --------From: Alan Barrett <alan.barr...@afrinic.net> Date: 09/22/2016
13:33  (GMT+01:00) To: General Discussions of AFRINIC
<community-discuss@afrinic.net> Subject: Re: [Community-Discuss]
[members-discuss] Accountability assessment     - bylaws changes

> On 22 Sep 2016, at 16:27, Arnaud AMELINA <ameln...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mr. Alan
>
> IHO , While you may not see a problem others might; and it may be wiser to
> ensure inclusion for transparency and accountability. Having 6 members of GC
> to guarantee regional participation is a good governance practice.

The Governance Committee terms of reference were decided many months ago.

But it’s still not too late.  When the Governance Committee startes work in
January, it will use the current terms of reference, and there will be five
voting members, but the GC will have the ability to suggest changes to its own
terms of reference, so it will have tha ability to request an increase in its
own size.

Alan Barrett