Hi Owen,
At 03:50 PM 10-10-2017, Owen DeLong wrote:
I believe that in general, an organization like an RIR which is managing resources on behalf of a community and serving as that community's representative in various external fora (ICANN, IGF, etc.) should be as transparent in all of its processes and dealings as possible. This means, IMHO, that unless there is a legitimate need for confidentiality (legal strategies in active litigation, staff salaries, personnel matters, etc.), information should generally be made available to the community by default.

Several years ago, well before transparent was a topic of interest, an ex-IAB Chair explained why the IAB published information. I'll make a note of your comment about "by default" without commenting about it. Some of the examples which you provided are already covered by the law; it may be different in other countries.

Is there any process which is not transparent? If that is the case, I am okay if you or anyone else wishes to raise it as an issue.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy