On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 11:38:41AM -0700, Eric Dobbs wrote:
> On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 02:35  AM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> > My only concern is, that we will spread a
> > limited number of developers over too many projects.
>
> The developers and their communities are already
> spread over those many projects.

Yup. And there is nothing you can do about that. You can't simply state,
"Well, the ASF will only have 10 projects so that our 500 developers can
concentrate on those. We won't start an eleventh project." Guess what? If
you don't, then the developers that were interested are *still* going to go
wherever it ended up and work on it.

It isn't possible to artificially limit the number of projects under some
preconception that your limited pool of developers will only work on those.

The ASF members and committers will work on what they want. That is here or
there. But you can't coerce them.

Cheers,
-g

--