On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:53:52AM -0500, Ben Hyde wrote:
> It turns out if you build a event driven mail based notification system
> you shortly there after discover that it's too painful to use.  The
> Wiki model results in editors writing changes so they can preview; and
> in tangles of nodes going thru periods of total chaos[1] as an editor
> attempts to make any changes that involve more than one node.  Both
> these make the change stream very hard to read.  I suspect that much of
> that could be resolved by sending mail with changes "when the dust
> settles".

Bah. Use SubWiki, check out the Wiki pages into a working copy, make all
your changes, then commit them. Regular commit email sends the full bunch of
changes.

Simple as that :-)

Cheers,
-g

p.s. of course, if SubWiki were anything beyond pre-alpha, I might actually
recommend deploying it to apache.org :-)

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/