I wonder if we could do something fun.

I think it would be fun to have a map that shows where the various people in the community are located on the planet.

My fuzzy idea is that members of the community would put ICBM tags[1] on some web page of their. That can drive the map building. Use the author tag to grab their names. They then put some other kind of tag on a page, like
They then poke something we keep back at central command so we can accumulate the list. If we use committers repository for that we can easily authenticate people.

If we keep it simple to start we can obviously do assorted richer things later, but if all we try to do up front is get a map of the committers that would be sufficiently neat.

wdyt?

 - ben

[1] http://geourl.com/