On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Costin Manolache wrote:

> My point was: if someone posts a mail with pointers to warez or porn or
> spam -  it will get through and will be archived in the mailing list

Then it -will- be noted by the committers and the PMC in a very timely
manner; no (resonable)  doubt about that.

And thhey can remove, or have it removed, from the archives which the ASF
maintains which have visibility.

What -other- archives do with that is a different question and in my
opinion largely irrelevant when it comes to minimizing exposre to a
resonable level. (And yes - my personal take is that we ought to have
acceptable use notifications on mailing lists).

Dw