On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > Do people want the newsletter to continue?  If so then I'm happy
> > to edit the Oct/Nov issue with no promises to tackle subsequent
> > issues - aiming to publish in a week or so.
>
> +1 and much thanks.
>
> > As much as voting with +1s would be appreciated, voting with content would
> > be better
>
> Tetsuya seemed to get good results by posting to all of the -dev lists.  You
> might post to a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  That way everyone is
> reached, and no one gets more than one.

I would recommend against using committers@, for two reasons. First, AIUI
and based on previous reactions to messages to that list, this is not the
kind of thing that list is intended for. Second, many contributors to the
newsletter in the past were not committers, so that list won't reach some
of the people who might help.

It seems to me that this is in fact the perfect list for requests for
newsletter content. After all, it's a community effort, so what better
list than [EMAIL PROTECTED] If folks from individual projects feel that they
might benefit from a wider dissemination of such requests, then they
should feel free to redistribute the message within the lists that they
deem appropriate. That should not be the responsibility of the newsletter
editor, IMHO.

--
Martin Cooper