With great sadness, I must report the staggering loss of our good
friend and colleague, Martin Pöschl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.  Details
are sketchy, but it's been confirmed that Martin passed away on
January 29th, 2004.  Martin lived in Vienna, Austria.

Martin was an extraordinary human being and a fantastic engineer.  He
was very proud to have recently become a Member of the Apache Software
Foundation, a role he earned many times over during the course of his
work both directly with the ASF and in the private sector.  He was
sincerely committed to the success of our projects, and participated
in all activities with an open mind, a very constructive attitude, and
an awareness of the multi-faceted social aspects of our community.

Martin dedicated tireless hours to discussing projects and software,
answering questions on mailing lists and IRC, and heroically slogging
through the issue trackers.  He was most recently the lead developer
on db.apache.org's Torque project.  Martin was also heavily involved
in the OJB and Turbine projects, and (to a lesser degree) the Jakarta
Commons and XML-RPC projects.  He had many good ideas and plans for
the future integration of Torque and OJB.

Martin, we miss you.  We will remember you always as an appreciated
colleague and a good friend.  All our thoughts and good wishes are
with you.  May your soul find peace.

- Dan, Thomas Mahler, and the rest of the ASF crew

<<inline: mpoeschl.jpg>>