--On Thursday, July 22, 2004 9:07 AM +0200 Henning Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Or tell those others here on community@, what we can do to be considered
as "junior infrastructure people" to relief your burdens.

You could start off by not using community@ to discuss infrastructure topics. (I think Tetsuya started that unfortunate trend.) infrastructure@ is the place to talk about those items not [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As for participating in infrastructure@ tasks here in the ASF, it's pretty much the same as open-source development: build trust with your peers over time. I don't care if someone has managed a large fleet of servers elsewhere - if I don't trust them, I personally don't want them touching our servers. (And, due to confidentiality restrictions, only members can get root access.) Yet, try to jump in as best as you can. Offer advice and help to others on [EMAIL PROTECTED] And, oh yeah, do *not* attack people already involved as that's not going to endear you to anyone. -- justin