Hello lists,

what if incubating mentors would abuse their powers to interfer with the
normal evolution of Apache incubation projects.

I think that mentors could write off-list mails to possible committers
and discourage them to committ to a incubating projects. On the end this
mentor could recommend to the possible incubating committer to work on a
*NON* apache project instead of the incubating project.

THAT WOULD BE A VIOLATION TO THE APACHE WAY TO DO THINGS!!!

I reckon we recommend to ban such mentors because they have not
understood the Apache way. I think they not deserve to carry a
@apache.org branding. I am still learning that way but I know that we
are not a marketing place. If they not abusing their powers they are
welcome to help building a good community and good code.

I hope that we can make some rules in Apache to prevent that to happen.
I think a abuse of e.g. mentor powers should be punished by a ban! I
think we do not want that to happen here. So we should make sure that is
not!

How can we make sure that this will not happen in the ASF?

WDYT?

spot
thorsten