Daniel F. Savarese wrote:

Agitar gave me a one hour remote demo of their product almost a year
ago.  Without recalling specifics, my conclusion was that it's a rather
good product.  I've asked them in the past if they were interested in
promoting their product by donating free licenses to open source projects
and they said they planned on doing that.  I haven't seen any follow
through though.  Things like this tend to slip through the cracks during
the commotion and tumult of a startup.  They were also supposed to supply
me with an evaluation version of their software, but again, there was
no follow through.  In any case, I was told personally (i.e., verbally
rather than via email) last year by their VP of Marketing that they would
be interested in donating a license to the ASF.  Therefore, I have to
assume that, if approached, they would be receptive.  However, I expect
one would have to proactively pester to ever see the software.

interesting. i sent them a note, we'll see what happens..

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com